The purpose of the River Church Missions Team is to support local and international ministries that spread the gospel. Our goal is not to be a check writing body but a committee that supports those ministries with our prayers, time, energy and money. We seek to forge long lasting relationships with these ministries, and to provide a connection between their work in the field with the larger congregation.
- We have the unique responsibility of supporting missionaries and their organizations. Each member is responsible for regular contact and prayers for their ministries.
- Meetings will be held on a regular basis. Typically on a bi-monthly basis on the 3rd Sunday. If all members are not present, then 2/3 of members will form a quorum.
- Prayer Meetings will be held on a monthly basis.
- All members are friends and fellow servants, bound by love and honor which come from God alone. “There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ.” 1 Corinthians 12:5,12.
- Missions Team members should:
-Be able to meet regularly and often.
-Think and decide with the good of the Body of Christ in mind rather than their own personal desires or wants
- Opening prayer
- Meeting with missionaries
- Review of previous meeting(s) and events
-Status of supported missionaries (i.e. updates, spiritual & financial needs)
- Budget Review
- Closing Prayer